The International Baccalaureate Office is based in Geneva, Switzerland. It has been operating world-wide for almost 30 years. There are 2,795 schools offering the DP, in 143 different countries worldwide.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is for students aged 16-19.The IB Diploma is recognized in most country in the world. Since September 2014 the majority of 11th and 12th grade students at ENKA Schools are studying a range of IB subject options toward this Diploma. The IB Diploma is required for entry to universities in a number of countries. Other countries are more interested in students who have successfully completed IB course studies in a range of subjects and levels satisfying their entry score requirements to some universities. High IB scores result in advanced placement at American universities.
Through the DP, ENKA Schools develop students who:
- Have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- Flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Study at least two languages
- Excel in traditional academic subjects
- Explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique Theory of Knowledge course.
To be eligible for the IB Diploma, each student is required to follow SIX IB courses, with one subject taken from each group in the curriculum model:
Group 1: Language A (literature and/or language)
Group 2: Language B (second language) (language)
Group 3: Individuals and Societies
Group 4: Experimental Sciences
Group 5: Mathematics
Group 6: Arts (or one subject from groups 3-4)
DIPLOMA Students Choose:
- Three courses at Higher Level (HL)
- Three courses at Standard Level (SL)
- All three parts of the CORE (hyperlink to TOK, Extended Essay and CAS).
IB COURSE STUDIES Students Choose:
- A combination of any six IB Courses dependent on their interests
- They will complete a research essay of 2,000 – 2,500 words
- They will be involved in the CAS program
FOR MORE DETAIL…